Future Design Plans
| Future Design Plans | Design Preview (SCREEN SHOT!) |
So future plans include a 4th redesign of the site! I've got about 4 notices
of how the design sucks. Please, if you have any suggestion or complaint
about this or the previous designs, tell me
or post in the Boards! Your opinion is very much appreciated! Also: I will
be posting previews of the future designs and asking for your opinions
via the Polls. Some things that will be fixed in the next design:
- Abandoning of the background image. This, I am unsure of.
- Separating the sections to their own individual designs. That's right. No
more sharing of common designs throughout the whole site. Each section will have
it's own design to signify the section's emphasis.
- Reducing the amount of images used per page. This should also solve those
- Improving the Navigation. The current navigation is too squeezed. Each
section will have it's own style of navigation.
- Restructure of the home pages. Currently every section is using home.html as
its home page, this will be changed to index.html.
- Changing the guestbook image at the bottom to a text link.
- Redesign of the main logo that you see at the splash page.
- Redesign of the interface for all sections (includes the top title bars and
- Reorganisation of Laughter HELL! sections as some sections have too much.
- Renaming of the Ah Beng Sections to Singapore Jokes.
- Numbering of Laughter HELL! Images (internal)
- Reorganisation of the display of downloads for the games sections (like
changing the image to a text link)
- More coming . . your suggestions will be added here too
- Will I think you should first have a look at dynamicdrive.com. and secondly
for the menus, have a bar at the top of the page (the very top) and have it just
say catugories like Games Jokes,ect and when the user movers the mouse over it
they pop down with nice long list of stuff. Small Scripts that can do this are
- Lesser old style/rainbow style images
- Navigation sucks, improve it.
- quite cluttered and ugly, sorry, try breaking it down into smaller pages?
- I find it to be very ugly. The borders, the background and the graphics are
of a terrible bad taste. But the content of the site is quite good, and I'm not
here for the design.
- My opinion is . . . it is to hard to find the codes it is not organized
- My opinion is . . .cluttered words, all yearning for attention...
Latest Design Preview
6th revision - 24 May 2002 - Thanks to EtrnlSlrMun for suggestions
the above image as a
Points to note in design
- Welcome and Torment screen shot has been intentonally overlapping and will be
fixed in final implentation.
- Assume user is in Planescape: Torment section
- Bootstrike.Com automatically links to home page
- Navigation has major sub-sections of Website related links.
- Major sections will use consistent design with the top images changing. Only
Genetic Engineering, New Zealand Splendour will remain the same.
- User can jump to any section via the image header links.
- Border LINES are Colour-Relative, meaning, the orange line is relative to
the colour of the font in the header. If the user is in Laughter HELL!, the line
would be green. In Ultima Worlds, blue. And so on.
- Link colour may be different
- Catering for Text readers - Section links at bottom
User Suggestion (to self)
- i don't seem to like the Yellow things at the left
- i do think the menu OR the content should have dif background
- i don't like the hole kind of button
- he background isnt yet optimal, the layout's nice, and maybe ya wanna make
smoother transitions with the yellow lines, the hard yellow just doesnt feel
- Organise images
- ..fantastic (11th May)
- prefer the old design (11th May)
- I am new to your site. I got here by searching for a walkthrough for
Planescape: Torment. I like the new design (23th May)