|LIMITED TIME! GOG DRM-Free Winter Sale now on featuring countless deals and bundles plus FREE Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition game - NO purchase required. Find out more at www.gog.com!
The Customer Version
This is a MIDlet that is used to run from Java
enabled handphones. It allows a Customer to do these things:
- Browse items in shops, products in malls or even search for a product
in all the malls
- Find out the latest happenings in the wireless arena ("Offers
- Search for a mall/shop/product.
- View a image and description of a mall/shop/product.
- View special instructions by a shop for a particular product (For
example - "Promotion till 3rd June 2003".
- View pending orders and status.
- View shopping cart/checkout at any time when logged in
- Able to input extra comments when confirming an order
- plus much more!
The Employee Version
There is also an employee version which includes the customer facilities
plus some order processing features
- Process an order and mark it as Processed
- Process an order by date/time, by mall, or just manually enter the
Order ID. (Can be restricted on server side)
- Employee has its own version of news which can be customised for each
- View information on any customer (Can be restricted on server side)
- Access the customer main menu in case he needs quick access to product
information (but cannot confirm personal orders due to obvious reasons)
The Server Features
Server has control over what to display in the client application
- Restrict search result based on logged in customer so that he need
not wait too long for the results to load
- What main menu options to display when a customer/employee logs on
- Message displayed as a ticker is obtained from the server
- Error message text if the particular section is under maintenance
can be shown on the handset without any problem via the server
The current version does not have features that allows a user to process
a order via the web.
Shopping Mall Support
Multiple User and Employee Support
View Image of an item
Wireless Order Processing
Lots of customising features