- What is Web Design? [Answer]
- What is Custom Programming? [Answer]
- What is Hosting and why do I need it? [Answer]
- What is Maintenance? [Answer]
- What is Domain Registration? [Answer]
- What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)? [Answer]
- How does all the above fit in the puzzle for an online website? [Answer]
- Are your web designs W3C validated? [Answer]
- $199 for web design? Is there any catch? Hidden cost? [Answer]
- How does the web design process work? [Answer]
- Can I do my own maintenance? [Answer]
- I have FrontPage / Expression Web. Can I use it with the sites you design? [Answer]
- Do you handle international clients? [Answer]
- Can you do a redesign of my current site? [Answer]
- If I do the design for you, can you implement it in standard HTML? [Answer]
- Can I customise my own package? [Answer]
- Is domain registration at $35? [Answer]
- What is Web Design?
Web Design is the process of creating a professional website from paper to a complete website with images, text and animation.
- What is Custom Programming?
Custom Programming is a customised dynamic content that a client may request for the website. It can be anything like shopping cart, guest book, e-commerce applications or discussion forums.
- What is Hosting and why do I need it?
A hosting server is where your website will be running from. It is a computer connected to the Internet so that people can access it. Even your home computer can be a server; however, professional hosting services do proper backups, installation of software, keep up to date with security issues and run their servers for 24-hours.
The servers are run 24-hours with the content daily backed up with power failure protection. What's more, a friendly interface is provided so that you can just login to your website and add/modify/delete email aliases, sub domains and other settings easily.
When you decide to go for a hosting plan, you have two choices - US or Singapore Hosting. If your target audience is mostly Singaporeans, then you should go for our Singapore Web Hosting Plan, if it is mostly outside Singapore or Malaysia, you should go for US Web Hosting Plan.
Why? Speed. Singaporeans will have much faster speed when accessing a Singapore server. If it is in US, everyone in the world will have a good balance of speed as US is the top content provider in the world and many nations have high speed connections to them.
How fast? Local sites when compared with US sites load about 30 times (that's 3000%) faster when using a Singapore hosted server.
- What is Maintenance?
Maintenance is the process of keeping the website up to date. A visitor who visits your website again and sees new content would be motivated to visit the website again soon. Maintenance also includes redesigning the website, changing links and updating the current content of the website.
- What is Domain Registration?
Domain Registration is the process of buying a name (like bootstrike.com) so that people can access it easier. Names are being quickly taken up so if you have a name in mind, it is best to buy and secure it as fast as possible before cyber squatters make the situation messy.
- What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
SEO is optimizing pages of your website to be well understandable by search engines so that they can index ('crawl') your site properly. Titles, meta description, meta keywords and image alternate tags are some ways we use in all our designed pages to ensure proper page indexing by search engines.
In current times, SEO has been misleading in that it can make your site's position to appear at the first page or at the top. This is not the case. With Search Engine Marketing (SEM), you can pay to appear at the top of search engine results.
Please visit our Search Engine Optimization page for the SEO practices we perform for your page. You can also read our article on common SEO scams.
- How does all the above fit in the jigsaw puzzle for an online website?
Domain Registration - The domain has to be secured so that web design can proceed with the address.
Design - The website is designed, tested and finalised for the view on the web
SEO - This usually happens during the design phase to optimize the site for the best search engine ranking position
Custom Programming - (Optional) Shopping cart, discussion forums - all installed and integrated into the site.
Hosting - Purchase a hosting plan to host your website. They will handle the job of holding your site online and redirecting your mails
Maintenance - Purchase a maintenance plan to keep the website content up to date.
- Are your web designs W3C validated?
Yes they are. Some sites call it W3C certified, but there is no such thing such as a W3C certification. By W3C certified, our web design codes validate against the W3C validator with zero errors. Even our own site is W3C certified. Check out our portfolio for more.
- $199 for 5 pages web design? Is there any catch? Hidden cost?
The only catch, if you want to call it a catch, is that there will be a non-removable footer in all the pages we design. That is all! You don't have to buy a hosting plan from us. You don't even have to register a domain from us. $199 net for 5 pages. How low can we go?
No hidden cost.
Other companies force you to buy extremely over-priced hosting packages that cost more than 5 times of the web design packages. At Bootstrike.Com, we follow an a la carte style of providing you individual services that you need. Need hosting? No problem. Extra pages? No sweat. Domain registration? You got it. Don't settle for things you don't need.
- How does the web design process work?
We've done up a separate page to show how we work. See the design process.
- Can I do my own maintenance?
Yes. We can assist with any queries you may have with the technical side of the design. However, training in the use of software will be chargeable.
- I have FrontPage / Expression Web. Can I use it with the sites you design?
Yes. All our designs are standards compliant, so software like Dreamweaver, FrontPage and Expression Web would be able to edit the site's HTML source code.
- Do you handle international clients?
Yes. With the current evolution in communication technology, we can communicate more effectively with international clients via email or internet voice protocol (Skype). Please get in touch with us.
- Can you do a redesign of my current site?
Yes we can. Simple choose any of the packages that match your page count and drop us a note and we will get back to you.
- If I do the design for you in an image, can you implement it in standard HTML?
Yes - we accept template designs in GIF, PNG, JPG, Adobe Photoshop PSD format and Macromedia Fireworks PNG format. Please note that all pages should follow a standard template. Charges will be by number of pages.
- Can I customise my own package?
Our packages are designed to meet most requirements. However, we understand that some businesses may need more customisation. Depending on your needs, we may be able to do so. Please provide us your requirements and we will provide you our best quotation.
- Is domain registration at $35?
In the past, it used to be $35. Now it is as low as SG$20. Check domain availability.