7-Zip 4.62 NON-BETA Released
After nearly one year, a non-beta version of the free opensource archives has been released. Here is the summary of the changes from the readme file:
- Many bugs were fixed.
- 7-Zip now supports LZMA compression for .ZIP archives.
- New localizations: Sinhala, Icelandic, Kurdish Sorani, Punjabi (Indian), Pashto.
- 7-Zip now can unpack UDF, XAR and DMG/HFS archives.
- 7-Zip File Manager now keeps encryption when you edit encrypted file inside archive.
- 7-Zip File Manager now allows to change current folder from the address bar drop-down list.
- It's allowed to use -t switch for "list" and "extract" commands.
- Some speed optimizations.
- 7-Zip now can unpack .lzma archives.
- Unicode (UTF-8) support for filenames in .ZIP archives. Now there are 3 modes:
- Default mode: 7-Zip uses UTF-8, if the local code page doesn't contain required symbols.
- -mcu switch: 7-Zip uses UTF-8, if there are non-ASCII symbols.
- -mcl switch: 7-Zip uses local code page.
- Now it's possible to store file creation time in 7z and ZIP archives (-mtc switch).
- 7-Zip now can unpack multivolume RAR archives created with "old style volume names" scheme and names *.001, *.002, ...
- Now it's possible to use -mSWand -mSW+ switches instead of -mSW=off and -mSW=on
Download it now!